One of the most valuable opportunities you can have in your career is mentorship. Having a mentor to help you navigate growth opportunities and support you at any stage of your career will truly help you learn and develop in your role, especially in today’s world where in-person interactions are more limited than before. Continue reading
As the country begins to open up again, employers have so many decisions to make and questions to answer. We’ve compiled our best resources on today’s most talked-about workplace issues to help you navigate a new normal. Continue reading
The U.S. economy added 559,000 jobs in May, according to the latest report by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The unemployment rate dropped 0.3% from 6.1% to 5.8%. Continue reading
After more than a year of working from home for many professionals, businesses are starting to re-open their workplaces. With vaccinations at full speed and many eager to get back to “normal,” some workers are nevertheless experiencing mixed emotions about returning to the office. Continue reading
After more than a year of working from home for many professionals, it is now time for some of us to start preparing for a daily commute and workdays spent outside of the home. Continue reading
Encouraging fitness and a healthy, balanced lifestyle should always be a priority when it comes to your employees. Continue reading
April 2021 saw 266,000 jobs added with leisure and hospitality leading the way with job gains, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The national unemployment rate held relatively unchanged at 6.1%. The unemployment rate for college-degreed workers fell to 3.5% from 3.7% the month prior.
The leisure and hospitality sector continues to see the largest gain with 331,000 jobs added as the country continues with vaccinations and people are easing back into activities. Additionally, there was a slight increase in employment in social assistance, which rose by 23,000. Much of that increase was in child day care services, potentially a result of reopening and returning to the workplace.
- With 9.8 million currently unemployed, the unemployment rate, at 6.1% remained little changed in April.
- The unemployment rate for those with a bachelor’s degree or higher is at 3.5% vs. 3.7% the month prior.
- Data for April suggest that the rising demand for labor associated with the recovery from the pandemic may have put upward pressure on wages
- Average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls increased by 21 cents to $30.17, following a decline of 4 cents in the prior month.
- Average hourly earnings for private-sector production and nonsupervisory employees rose by 20 cents to $25.45.
Jobs Added by Industry:
- Largest gains continue in leisure and hospitality 331,000 jobs added which includes amusements, gambling and recreation (+73,000)
- Government added 48,000 jobs
- Other Services added 44,000 jobs
- Financial Activities saw 19,000 added jobs primarily in real estate and rental leasing
- Healthcare and Social Assistance added 18,500 jobs
- Wholesale trade added 7,800 jobs
What are your long term or short-term business needs and objectives – and how can we help? We’re connecting with top talent daily across industries and would like to be a resource for you.
Whether you need temporary staffing or help with direct hiring, or just have questions about trends in the local market and salary insight, schedule a 1:1 chat with your Ledgent Technology representative to discuss your needs. Find your nearest branch today!
Showing your employees that they are appreciated goes a long way in making them feel recognized for the work they do. Studies have shown that employees and coworkers who feel that they are valued by their managers and peers tend to be more motivated and stay longer at the company. Continue reading
Our workplaces are comprised of individuals from different backgrounds and cultures, and everyone – no matter their gender, race, ability, or sexual orientation – wants to feel included and supported in their surroundings. Continue reading
Remote workers are more likely to feel that they are working more hours every day (39%) compared with office-based workers (31%), according to slack. Continue reading